Through The Lens is our weekly series where we highlight current students and faculty, capture them on campus and ask them about their inspirations, advice and beyond.

Describe the moment/s when you knew that you wanted to study music further.

The moment I stepped onstage for the first time, I knew I wanted to do this for the rest of my life. In High School, I took AP Music Theory which sparked my interest in furthering my musical education. For me, Musicians Institute was the best way to do that.

Which artist, band or composer would you most want to meet and collaborate                                                           with? Why? 

I would love to collaborate with The 1975 because their energy and musical expression is something that I’ve always looked up to!

If there is one piece of advice that you could give to other [area of study]                                                      students, what would it be?

Practice for 3 hours a day, then go out and network at night.

What is the most important lesson you learned at MI so far? What surprised you the most about MI?

The most important lesson I learned at MI was to trust my musical journey. Everything plays out for a reason! The thing that surprised me the most was the drive that the teachers have to better their students.

What has been your favorite music memory? 

My favorite music memory would be meeting and seeing all of these idols at MI and being able to connect and share ideas with them.